Ansaldo STS boasts an integrated, global Organization capable of providing an adequate response to demand for standardized solutions in the railway transport market and, in particular, the signaling technology market. It has four key pillars:
And it is based on the coexistence of:
- ORGANIZATION: organizational units with specific professional areas of expertise;
- TEAM-BASED ORGANIZATION: functional teams that aim to achieve an objective in order to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the main business processes: offer, execution, development and innovation.
Over the past few years, the market has become increasingly dynamic and competitive, seeing a progressive consolidation of market leaders of ever larger sizes through mergers and acquisitions involving companies in the sector. This trend, along with the need to respond to competitive pressure on prices and the standardization of products and technical solutions, has led Ansaldo STS to revise its Organization to further improve efficiency and effectiveness.
The following are the main elements underpinning the company’s organizational structure:
- clear organizational identification of a strategic unit directly reporting to the CEO with responsibility for defining strategic guidelines relating to business development CFO Internal Audit Railways & Mass Transit BU Freight BU Operations System Assurance & Control HSE, Facility Management & Physical Security Institutional Affairs, External Relations & Communication General Counsel & Compliance Risk Management Human Resources & Organization and management of the product/ technical solutions portfolio on Ansaldo STS’s markets;
- identification and organizational segregation of business/project management from the technical performance of projects by establishing business units and an Operations Unit;
- identification and clear segregation of the businesses that currently characterize Ansaldo STS’s offer: Railway/Mass Transit and Freight transport;
- clear organizational identification of a unit directly reporting to the CEO with direct responsibility for safety/RAMS (“Reliability, Availability, Maintainability & Safety”);
- clear organizational identification of a unit directly reporting to the CEO with direct responsibility for Institutional Affairs, External Relations & Communication; its task is to manage communication, relationship and representation activities with public bodies, public and private administrations, diplomatic representations and national and international trade associations.
- Human Resources & Organization Unit, Administration, Finance and Control (CFO Unit) and Staff Functions increasingly focused on generating value by acting as business partners to facilitate and support the achievement of the company’s short, medium and long-term objectives. Accordingly, the main structure consists of the following organizational units directly reporting to the CEO:
The following organizational structure is updated to March 31, 2017: